Lingerista Lifestyle: Hot Buttered Bras


Every year when I think of the holidays, I think of my Mom's special Hot Buttered Rum recipe. It's so divine that I could eat it plain without the rum--sheer gluttony. The holidays are a great excuse for me to make it.

What would the holidays be without Mimi Holliday too?

The scrumptious Timber Wolf lingerie set by Mimi Holliday (left) in this buttery gold color is a festive lingerie option this holiday season.

The Timber Wolf Plunge Bra and Thong are £49.00 (bra) and £32.00 (thong). For more information on the lingerie set, click on Timber Wolf by Mimi Holliday.

HOT BUTTERED RUM RECIPE

Warning, only eat this in moderation or with Madonna's workout routine.

My mom gave me this Hot Buttered Rum recipe while I was still in college...you can image what a hit that was after finals! I found the same recipe on Culinary Fool, and its images look so scrummy that I had to link up with it. It's a very simple recipe. The images are making my mouth water!

Ingredients:
  • Ice cream ~ 1 quart
  • Butter ~ 1 pound
  • Brown Sugar ~ 1 pound
  • Powered Sugar ~ 1 pound
  • Nutmeg ~ 2 tsp.
  • Cinnamon ~ 2 tsp.
  • Rum
STEP 1
Let ice cream sit out until it's very soft and liquid-y (see Step 1 image below)


STEP 2
Mix butter until it's creamy, light, and fluffy.

STEP 3
Add brown sugar, powdered sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix with the butter until blended. (see Step 3 image below)

STEP 4
Add the ice cream. Mix. Scrape the sides of the bowl a couple times--the ice cream will chill the butter mixture and it will stick to the sides of the bowl. The finished batter will be smooth with a few little butter balls--these should be very small though. (see Step 4 image below)

STEP 5
Put the batter in a freezer container. Store in the freezer until ready to use.


TO MAKE HOT BUTTERED RUM

Take a heaping soup spoon of the batter. Put it in a cup with 1 shot of rum. Mash it until the batter softens.

Fill the cup with boiling water. Adjust the amount of Hot buttered Rum batter based on your personal preference. Stir.

Sprinkle with a grated nutmeg.

ENJOY!

To see this recipe and more yummy photos, go the Culinary Fool.