Evie Gets Fitted!

Hello Lingeristas!

As Eve as told us, time and time again, it is so important to go in for a proper fitting. Try a local specialty boutique, or even Nordstrom. Trust me, you might be surprised.

For years, my "girls" have been growing. I went to The Big Pink a few times to get fit and I was a 36C consistently. However, the bras just didn't seem to fit right. They'd pucker in strange places and I had the lovely "under-arm fat" going on. It wasn't pretty but I though this was normal. But during fashion week in Las Vegas, Eve mentioned that I might be D-cup. Say what?? She said we needed to go to Nordstrom's and get me a proper fitting. So on Friday, we finally converged into the mega-mall and headed for the lingerie section at Nordstrom.

(Evie's new Silver Embrace Underwire Bra by Wacoal {image above}, bought after the fitting in Nordstrom for $46 AND in her correct size!)

The first thing we did was head for the sales rack. So many beautiful brands to try on! Elle Macpherson, Chantelle, Wacoal, and more. I was in lingerie heaven. A wonderful sales-woman, Jenny, came by to see if we needed anything and proceeded to make the entire fitting process very comfortable. It's not easy for me to take off my top and go naked on the upper-half in front of strangers, let alone good friends. But she was fantastically professional. The real shocker was the sizing. I'm not a 36C. I'm a 34D! Once we figured that out, Jenny went out and found bras that I loved and had to have (though I only bought one, I'm on a budget after all). I bought a lovely Wacoal bra that is sexy and perfectly functional to wear every day. Eve said this bra made me look as though I'd lost 10 pounds, which made me feel even better about myself.

The best part of getting properly fit and trying on the right size was that I felt properly supported. With a shirt on, I could see my figure and it looked different. I felt a little sexier, a little more beautiful (and let's not discuss my husband's reaction). My inner-Eve was definitely on her way out!

(Eve's favorite bra {above image}, this lingerie trip, the Rive Gauche Demi Cup Bra by Chantelle for $76. It comes in nude, black and red. The white dotted details on the bow and straps make this understated lacy and racy bra pop)

So Lingeristas, I ask that you go to Nordstrom and get properly fit, especially if it's been a few years since the last time and/or your bras aren't fitting right. Embrace your inner-Eve and see what happens!

Cheers, Evie